•October 15, 2009 • 1 Comment
1. Someone with the same craft as you (either those listed above or another one). My spoiler, Stuart from the Portree lot. We both knit (duh), check out the copperto(n)es socks….beautiful!
2. Someone who was born in the same month. Rowena Bladvak was born in August, ,like me, and she spoiled me rotten in HSKS5!!!
3. Someone from a different country. Lizzy Wychwood is from another country! And we all LOVE Lizzie, our dearest, most fantastic organiser of Shuntbumping 😀 Ooooh to be her spoilee! sigh! Did you see the bag she made Eugene? wow. just wow.
4. A new HSKS Quidditch player. Ginny Lockheart is a firsttimer. Wrong team though……grin
5. A player who has been in 3 or more HSKS swaps. Captain Wisteria Lovegood of the wanderers has been in so many…she can’t even remember them all. Check out her Jaywalkers, they’re funky!!!
6. A player who has a bigger stash than you! (And if your stash is the biggest, proudly say so!) I think Antonio has a bigger stash than me, although I have to say that my stash in Ravelry is enormously outdated! I have to update that stash! and soon!
7. A player who both knits and crochets. Ambyr Phoenixfyre both knits and crochets
8. Someone who has the same favorite color as you. Shioban Mooney, our captain, likes green, like me 🙂
•October 8, 2009 • 3 Comments
I am over the moon!!!!! I made it into my favourite team, the Montrose Magpies! This is absolutely fantastic! I am honoured and flattered that they wanted me. My position is still to be determined, and I hope they will see my beater qualities, but as soon as training starts we’ll find out what I’ll be doing the coming months.
What I’ll be finding out as well is who I will be spoiling this season. Yes, you heard well! Al players in the Magpies, the Arrows, Pride of Portree and the Wigtown lot are paired to spoil eachother rotten! What a marvellous idea! I think they reckon that way we’ll feel more like we’re still at Hogwarts, where the inter-house gifts are keeping the students happy and friendly. I like the idea, and cannot wait to find out who’s going to be my spoilee. I already have plenty of ideas about what to give, but cannot decide until I know their team colours. There will be a certain amount of black and white there to represent Magpie pride though…you better count on that Wandering Portree Arrow whoever you are!
In the sidebar of my blog I will make a wishlist of items I like to receive, since I too will be a spoilee, but as our wonderful teamcaptain Siobhan writes on her blog, the most important things are something self-made, and something from your hometown.
Let the games begin!
•October 6, 2009 • Leave a Comment
Oh how very exiting! Yesterday I applied to three (3!!!) Quidditch teams for a full time beater position!
After a big family tragedy I had to leave Hogwarts for a year, and since I missed the beginning of the school year, my mother agreed to let me play for a season before getting back to my studies.
I applied to the Montrose Magpies (my ab-so-lute favourites!), the Appleby Arrows, and the Wigtown Wanderers…and might even hear tonight if any of the teams want me in!
Now that the most urgent family matters are over, and we’re almost ready to go back to some kind of normalcy I am very very exited to see my friends again.
More when I found out whether I made a team!!!
•November 18, 2008 • 3 Comments
yesterday, 5 minutes before I had to leave for work my package arrived!!! I was so exited I contemplated calling in sick (haha) but decided to take it with me instead. After work I had a meeting with my friends Ohil and Menke to discuss a new choir we’re starting, and since Eugene was working in the same pub as our meeting I called him to make sure he’d still be there to open my package afterwards.
Oh man, was I surprised when I opened it! It is fantastic! and totally filled with the most fantastic goodies!
There was yarn…..gorgeous yarn from….Japan? China? It’s awsome!
and a gorgeous Cookie A pattern, and 2 sets of DPN’s and a mug with fantasticly smelling tea, and 2 notebooks, and christmas ornaments (soooooo cute! and chocolate….Oh I LOVE Butterscotch! and sweets and Skittles, and markers, and 2 cd’s with fantastic music, including Lily’s choir!!! I am listening to it right now with a friend who came round this morning, and he was just staring at the table with my goodies on it (I had to unpack it again for my husband to see) and said holy shit! and there were stitch markers, and counting bracelets and a kea chain, and a candle, and a Harry Potter Card Game!!!!! and a wooden tapestry needle holder (I think I might actually like that most of all! it is so beautiful!) and MITTENS! Fingerless mittens with snakes on them!!!!! Can you believe that!!!!!!!
Here’s the whole pile, in the pub. Imagine that just when we were taking the picture our food arrived! LOL!
Lily May Clearwater, not only are you a saint, but you also are a genius, and I LOVE what you made for me, I feel honoured to have been your spoilee!
•November 16, 2008 • Leave a Comment
1. Who was Tom Riddle Sr.’s girlfriend before Merope gave him the love potion?
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry’s ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought’s first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry’s late arrival and muggle attire?
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott’s Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components
•November 8, 2008 • Leave a Comment
#1 What are the three important things in Chapter 13 Harry needs to remember?
Firstly that Tom Riddle showed contempt for what made him ordinary, like his name. Second that he did not have friends and was independent; Dumbledore does not believe Voldemort has ever had… or wanted… a friend. Thirdly that Tom liked to collect “trophies” and objects that were somehow unique and special.
#2 What did Merope sell when she was alone in London before the baby was born?
The locket that once belonged to Salazar Slytherin. Pity she only got ten Galleons for it.
#3 What does Mrs Cole like to drink?
Her beverage of choice is gin.
#4 What does Tom Riddle demand Professor Dumbledore do twice when they first met?
Tom insists twice that Dumbledore tell him the truth. The first time he is yelling; the second time, he appears to be slightly more in control of himself.
He also asks Dumbledore to do magic and Dumbledore demonstrates by lighting the wardrobe on fire.
#5 What did Mundungus nick from the Black house?
The locket Regulus had Kreacher steal, amongst other objects that are not specifically mentioned other than being “Black heirlooms”, according to Phineas.
•November 8, 2008 • Leave a Comment
I must share with you a sight that is horrible indeed. For those of you that are weak at heart, look no further. If you think you can take it, however, be sure to be sitting down…
Last night my sister and my brother in law, who are strangely enough a couple since a few weeks (!), were over at our place for dinner. my sister knits socks as well by the way.
After dinner I pulled out my knitting. I am still working on the dueling socks from the duel I lost to my friend Eugene, since he has graciously allowed me to pospone finishing them so I could finish my handmade item and make the early sending date…which I did. The socks are knit on Harmony 2,5 mm needles.
I told my sister about the needles. They were, in fact a present from Queen Frysia
to earlier mentioned Eugene in a RAOK that she sent him a few weeks ago. He had lend them to me for the duel (did he curse them? He os SO going to be in Slytherin next term!), and during it, I had sat on one needle. He told me since there were 6, he didn’t mind too much.
I bought him a new set though, and kept the old one. While telling this to my sister I pulled out my sock, and gasped. NOOOOO! There was a break! I had broken another needle! I was so sad and took out my DPN tin to grab a bamboo set. I wasn’t until I wanted to take the broken needle out of the knitting that I saw the true damage that had been done. Every single needle was broken. There is one left. The one that wasn’t in the knitting to start with.